[Gta04-owner] QtMoko mic volume

Boudewijn wankelwankel at yahoo.com
Sun Aug 5 23:08:56 CEST 2012

Hi list,

I (or one of my children) managed to turn the volume of the mic low. Low
enough that it could be muted or disabled.

The GUI (options/call options/call volume) does not allow me to move either
slider (mic/speaker) away from the far left position.
During a call I used alsamixer via SSH to move all input sliders up, toggle
mute/unmute and switch between analog/digital to no avail.

During the call, the other side can't hear anything from me. I can hear the
other side all the time.

I tried arecord > record.wav ; replay does not really give sound. I only used
local playback; during the first half second there's some sound like an
oscillator fading away, but that's it.

In the archives I found mention of encluding state files since v38, but I
haven't been able to find them on the device in /var/lib/alsa/ . There's an
earlier mention of state files at github, but I can only find them for GTA02
(https://github.com/radekp/qtmoko/tree/master/devices/neo/alsa_scenarios/gta02_2.6.32).

Where should I look next?

Thanks!

Boudewijn