[Gta04-owner] Simon Tatham's puzzles for QtMoko

Neil Jerram neil at ossau.homelinux.net
Fri Aug 3 14:16:24 CEST 2012

I very much enjoy Simon Tatham's puzzles
(http://www.chiark.greenend.org.uk/~sgtatham/puzzles/) and have almost
finished porting them for QtMoko, so this is to announce that, and to
give a pointer to the code.

The code is, for now, at https://gitorious.org/sgt-puzzles/qtmoko-port.
I plan to look at upstreaming the port, and then it might not be
necessary for that gitorious repository to persist.

There are two remaining layout bugs:

- Puzzles whose natural size is smaller/larger than the available QtMoko space
  should expand/shrink to use the available space, but currently don't.

- The number buttons don't all fit on the screen.

(If anyone can help particularly with those, I'd appreciate it!)

Also I haven't yet implemented (but plan to) the Custom Game and Random
Seed dialogs, and haven't implemented (and don't plan to) lots of stuff
that doesn't make sense on a phone: printing, save/load, screenshot etc.
Apart from all that, I believe it's a complete port.

I guess proper QtMoko packaging will follow once the bugs above are
resolved, and Radek's back.  In case there's anyone who really wants an
executable now for v45, I can provide that.

Regards,
        Neil