[Gta04-owner] 3.3 kernel for gta04.

NeilBrown neilb at suse.de
Sat Apr 28 23:22:48 CEST 2012

On Sat, 28 Apr 2012 13:51:56 +0200 Lukas Märdian
<lukasmaerdian at googlemail.com> wrote:

> On 28.04.2012 00:26, NeilBrown wrote:
> > On Fri, 27 Apr 2012 23:45:02 +0200 Lukas Märdian
> > <lukasmaerdian at googlemail.com> wrote:

> >> Hi Neil,
> >>
> >> I played with your python script latey. But I don't get it working. When
> >> I try to set ../edge to rising (as described here [0]):
> >> echo rising > /sys/class/gpio/gpio176/edge
> >>
> >> I always get (even right after a reboot):
> >> -sh: echo: write error: Device or resource busy
> >
> > That is exactly the error you get if the patch is not applied.
> >
> > I suggest you double check that you really are running the new kernel that
> > you compiled.
> >
> > The 'EBUSY' is coming from the call to request_any_context_irq in
> > drivers/gpio/gpiolib.c
> > It has IRQF_SHARED in irq_flags so you will only get this error if the
> > request_irq in board-omap3.gta04.c is not marked IRQF_SHARED...
>
> Well, you're right. I didn't have the latest kernel installed.
>
> Now I get "just read 0" after a resume by an incoming SMS and nothing
> after a resume by a button click. I guess that's how it's expected.

Correct.  By the time the python coded gets to run, the line has already been
brought low again by the 3G module.  So we cannot trigger of the value we
read, just off the fact that an interrupt was generated.
And that it only a hint - there might be an incoming phone call, there might
be an SMS message.

NeilBrown