[Gta04-owner] Battery life

Rainer Dorsch ml at bokomoko.de
Fri Apr 27 22:21:18 CEST 2012

Am Thursday 26 April 2012 schrieb NeilBrown:
> On Thu, 26 Apr 2012 23:35:54 +0200 Mario Barcala
>
> <mario.barcala.rodriguez at gmail.com> wrote:
> > Rainer Dorsch escribiu:

> > > Neil,
> > >
> > > do you know why the n900 manages to go down to ~5 mA in airplane mode?
> >
> > I don't know so much about this, but in airplane mode GSM must be down
> > also. If I understand Rainer message, 25 mA is with GSM on. I don't
> > know if all the difference come from GSM, but it has to be relevant.
>
> I think you can blame the GSM module for about 10mA, though I haven' tested
> this rigourously (and I have the GTA04A3 where you cannot turn it off
> completely).  Maybe I'll try testing...

Here is a detailed breakdown for the n900:

http://wiki.maemo.org/N900_Hardware_Power_Consumption

e.g.

Suspend, GSM on, connected to 2G. (2 bars) 3.6 mA T

Did you ever check how many power mode changes you have per second in average?

$ cat /debug/pm_debug/count

See http://elinux.org/OMAP_Power_Management for details.

Thanks,
Rainer