[Gta04-owner] Speex echo cancelation now working?

NeilBrown neilb at suse.de
Sat Apr 21 23:45:17 CEST 2012

On Sat, 21 Apr 2012 23:16:29 +0000 Radek Polak <psonek2 at seznam.cz> wrote:

> On Saturday 21 April 2012 22:38:12 Radek Polak wrote:
>
> > i think the confusion here is how we are using the program. I guess you
> > start it during the call but i am starting it before the call. Could it
> > be?
> >
> > You can try run it before the call is estabilished. Both recording stream
> > should be started (red/green blinking AUX should indicate it) and the ages
> > of both streams should be then the same age. Something like this:
> >
> > delay r0=5 r1=22
> > delay r0=256 r1=260
> > delay r0=6 r1=23
> > delay r0=256 r1=260
> >
> > Btw i think i already had it the same way as you suggest in some older
> > version and i tried to use the  while (route_stream_read(&r1)); before
> > starting the loop. But there is a problem that you sometimes hear some
> > sounds (from previous calls or music?) at the beginning of phone call.
>
> Hi again,
> what about the attached patch? Does it look correct?

It looks correct if both sound devices are ready to start producing samples.

However if you start the program before the Option module is producing sound
samples, then the internal sound card will still be ahead of the Option
source.

So it looks correct iff the call is already connected.
I haven't performed any experiments to see when Option actually starts
generating samples.  If it is predictable (immediately after "ATA" or
"ATDnnnn;") then this would be fine.  If, when dialling, you don't get
samples until the call connects - then I don't think the patch is correct.

Thanks,
NeilBrown