[Gta04-owner] Digital compass on gta04

Christoph Mair christoph.mair at gmail.com
Tue Apr 3 08:32:19 CEST 2012

On Mon, Apr 2, 2012 at 10:26 PM, Belisko Marek <marek.belisko at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Mon, Apr 2, 2012 at 10:00 PM, Dr. H. Nikolaus Schaller
> <hns at goldelico.com> wrote:
>> Am 02.04.2012 um 21:52 schrieb Belisko Marek:
>>> I'm checking if driver for digital compass is available in current kernel
>>> and there is in staging/iio/magnetometer/hmc5843.c which must be
>>> little bit adapted

These two chips are very similar. For the HMC5883l you have to swap
two result registers and it should already work with the old driver.
There are a few other changes like different sensitivity and an
embedded averaging filter. In future it could even be possible to
support both chips with a single driver.

> Yes I can reuse. Just curious why in hw-validation kernel DRDY
> (gpio112) isn't used
> in driver code.
> Data measurement takes 6ms so this is not so much but want to know if integrate
> also interrupt handling or not.

Implementing interrupt support did not have such a high priority. We
had to fix other things first ;-)

>>> Anybody working on that already?

I already worked with the chip and can help out if there are any questions.

Best regards,
  Christoph