[Gta04-owner] New kernels for gta04

NeilBrown neilb at suse.de
Tue Apr 3 02:05:13 CEST 2012

On Tue, 3 Apr 2012 07:09:43 +1000 NeilBrown <neilb at suse.de> wrote:

> On Mon, 2 Apr 2012 09:17:29 +0200 Radek Polak <psonek2 at seznam.cz> wrote:
>
> > On Monday 02 April 2012 02:37:01 NeilBrown wrote:
> >
> > > It took me at least 20 minutes to convince myself that I having forked a
> > > project on github.
> >
> > Personally i dont care much where the code is, but gihub is nice to work with.
> >
> > Btw have you noticed that in your latest 3.2 kernel battery reports 23-25mA in
> > suspend? Fixing the sound codec poweroff can get us even lower.
>
> No I haven't.  I saw you report it earlier, but I still see mid-forties.
>
> I installed gtmoko to have a look ... but then wasn't sure how best to
> monitor the current.  Suggestions?

I had a look at 'Devtools' and couldn't immediately see a way to add new
tools (???) so I took over /opt/qtmoko/bin/gps-power{on,off}.sh

In the 'on' script I put

#!/bin/sh

t=`date +%s`
c=`cat /sys/class/power_supply/bq27000-battery/charge_now`

echo time $t charge $c
echo $t > /tmp/timestamp
echo $c > /tmp/chargestamp
cat /sys/class/power_supply/bq27000-battery/uevent

sleep 5
exit 0

In the 'off' script I put:

#!/bin/sh

t1=`cat /tmp/timestamp`
c1=`cat /tmp/chargestamp`
t2=`date +%s`
c2=`cat /sys/class/power_supply/bq27000-battery/charge_now`

echo time $t2-$t1 charge $c1-$c2
if [ $c1 -eq $c2 ]
then echo "No change"
else
  echo -n 'Current (microamps)':
  expr \( $c1 - $c2 \) \* 3600 /  \( $t2 - $t1 \)
fi
echo -n 'Time (minutes)':
expr \( $t2 - $t1 \) / 60

cat /sys/class/power_supply/bq27000-battery/uevent

sleep 5
exit 0

Then I activated 'Turn on GPS'.
Then locked the display so that it would go to sleep.
Then about half an hour later I woke it up (power button) and activated
'Turn off GPS'.

It reported 25mA.

So I can confirm your findings.  Now I have to figure out in what way you are
doing things differently to me.  (I'm using Debian, with a bunch of bits I've
hacked together myself).  There must be something that I'm not turning off.

This is good news.

Thanks,
NeilBrown