[Gta04-owner] GTA04: hidden LTE feature found

Andreas Kemnade andreas at kemnade.info
Sun Apr 1 19:20:41 CEST 2012

Hi,

On Sun, 2012-04-01 at 19:07 +0200, Hermann Schwärzler wrote:
> Hello Nikolaus!
>
> Dr. H. Nikolaus Schaller schrieb:
> [...]
> > As you can see, ATLTE is accepted and takes a parameter 0 or 1,
> > while ATLET is rejected.
> >
> > After issueing this command I had the impression that some http pages
> > are loaded at much faster speed than with 3.5G (UMTS).
>
> Nobody seems to be on-line today so I am the first to comment on this:
> Wow! Cool!
> Which of lte0 and lte1 do we have to use? Is one for switching LTE on
> and the other one for switching it off?
>

> > Unfortunately the command is not described in
> >
> > 	http://www.ctiforum.com/standard/standard/etsi/0707.pdf
> >
> > nor anywhere else. So we have to experiment ourselves.
>
> Unfortunately I am unable to help with experiments today. But I will
> find some time tomorrow (hopefully). Do you think ATLTE will still work
> then?

There is some interesting power management issue there. By default power
management is setup so that the circuits for some special undocumented
RF circuits (perhaps that is LTE) are only enabled in certain
timeframes. I have not understood the corresponding section in the
datasheet about how to modify that. If I understand it correctly,
you have to wait for approx 31449600 seconds from tomorrow until the
next timeframe starts.

Greetings
Andreas Kemnade