[Gta04-owner] Software plans

Jonas Smedegaard dr at jones.dk
Tue Sep 27 19:30:08 CEST 2011

On 11-09-27 at 07:00pm, Dr. H. Nikolaus Schaller wrote:

> Am 22.09.2011 um 13:44 schrieb Klaus 'mrmoku' Kurzmann:
>
> > On Thu, 22 Sep 2011, Neil Jerram wrote:
> >
> >> It seems like the EA boards are getting excitingly close now.  So I
>
> Very close...

Exciting!

> >> Or do we just download and unpack onto an SD card, and then GTA04
> >> will automatically boot from SD?)
>
> Yes. You can take the 'makesd' script and adapt it to your needs:
>
> 	http://download.goldelico.com/gta04/unstable/makesd

Thanks for sharing.

...one specific piece of advice: there are multiple flavors of fdisk in
the wild, and the script seem to rely quite a lot on specific
input/output of one specific one (and no, it is not enough ensurance to
"run on eeePC" as the script states at the top).

If you need help minimizing a Debian setup then feel free to contact me.
Or simply share your image generation script to generate your image to
this list and let
us comment on it :-)

Regards,

 - Jonas