[Gta04-owner] GTA04 Boot speed comparison

Dr. H. Nikolaus Schaller hns at goldelico.com
Wed Sep 21 18:18:48 CEST 2011

Am 21.09.2011 um 18:12 schrieb Butrus Damaskus:

> On Wed, Sep 21, 2011 at 5:53 PM, Dr. H. Nikolaus Schaller
> <hns at goldelico.com> wrote:
>>
>> Am 21.09.2011 um 14:54 schrieb Davide Scaini:
>>
>>> Haha great!
>>> I'm definitely curious about gta04...
>>> (what is missing for gta04 imho is a new case... the actual case of gta02 is too high in the borders of the screen)
>>
>> As soon as we have learned how to really make a new case, We will
>> choose a new display module and start...
>
> Aha, does the LCD interface allow e.g. for a bigger display? (Is it

Yes. The controller can drive up to HDTV resolution.

> something like the LVDS interface,
> or rather TTL directly (i.e. parallel databus for each color + timing signals)?

Yes. 24 bit RGB and I think up to 100 MHz pixel clock (must look into the
data sheets).

> And, do you plan on making a GTA04 tablet as well? :-P

Not immediately. But it is no problem to use a GTA04 board in a special "module"
configuration where there are two 60 pin board to board connectors instead
of the 39 pin LCD connector. This will allow to use 3 screws to mount a GTA04
board onto a bigger motherboard. That one can carry e.g. a 7in display and
any required level shifters.

Details (pin assignment, connector positions, mounting hole positions etc.)
will be described in the system manual.