[Gta04-owner] Complete GTA04 phones

Dr. H. Nikolaus Schaller hns at goldelico.com
Sat Oct 22 11:47:21 CEST 2011

Am 22.10.2011 um 10:37 schrieb David Lanzendoerfer:

>> If you can give me some more information about what exact speaker we would
>> need in order to use it with out recent board, maybe I can shake some trees

Well, it is a Philips speaker. Originally developed in Vienna and produced
before 2006. In 2006, Philips sold this department to NXP. And recently NXP
sold it to Knowles.

I asked Knowles and they of course did a product portfolio cleanup
and there is no comparable speaker available.

I have seen one Swedish company selling them as surplus for some Asus PDA
at quite a high price.

>> and hopefully something helpful falls down :-)
> Of course I mean "with OUR recent board".
> Sometimes there are really semantic relevant typos -.-
>
> @Nikolaus: Do you already have a list of candidates?
> Maybe there are others also able to go onto a part hunting quest ;-)

Earphone:	32 Ohm, 110+-2DB 8.1 x 2.25MM Philips 2403 263 00007

Stereo Speaker(s):	8+-15% Ohms 100+-3DB 16.4*3.95MM DMS1608F-07-PC-F1-G AAC=

Vibra motor: 	P0408B-13-P2H SMD-2P T.A&M.I.

GPS antenna module:	UNICTRON G941139900002 17dB 3V

Other parts we need for making a complete phone:

* plastics (main body, front cover, battery cover, speaker box, buttons)
* battery (including BQ27000 chip)
* GSM antenna module

The GSM antenna module was a special design for the GTA02. I think it
can be replaced by a flexible PCB that fits into a narrow channel in
the plastics.

The GPS antenna module should not be difficult to design a replacement.
It just needs a 15x15mm antenna patch plus a pre-amplifier on a PCB with
specified dimensions and a 50mm U.FL cable.

To really build new complete phones, the source of these components
must have available some quantities. Not just 10 or 20...

Good hunting luck!

One more note: AAC = AAC Acoustics.

	http://www.aacelectr.com/en/solution/phone.asp

If we were to design a completely new device, they offer a complete portoflio
for everything: speakers, earphones (receivers) and vibra motors. And we
could adapt the PCB and plastics to the dimensions and connectors.

This again is an example that it could be easier to redesign a product completely
than sourcing some legacy components. It is like NASA simply can not build
a Saturn V rocket today and fly to the moon. Although all blueprints are
available. Or like having Linux but no cross-compiler for a PDP8...