[Gta04-owner] Complete GTA04 phones

Neil Jerram neil at ossau.homelinux.net
Tue Oct 11 15:03:42 CEST 2011

On Tue, 11 Oct 2011 14:33:33 +0200, Boudewijn wrote:

> For the time being, with some handiwork one could make an
> ecopenkombrick
> (ecologic/economic open communications combibrick?) with some pieces
> of wood
> and a pot of glue. Using hardware switches screwed to the brick and
> wired
> internally, the little detail in the woodwork would be less a
> problem. Pulling
> the battery could become some off a problem after attaching the
> backside...
> perhaps some screws instead of glue ;-)

I also was wondering about wood.  I imagine a surround for the LCD with
a shallower bevel - which would be nice.

Does wood have suitable electrical properties, though?  I guess that
means (1) insulation and (2) allowing electromagnetic waves to pass
through without attenuation.

> Not suitable for mass production though :-P

No, but I can imagine a community-sourced and -evolved design and
instructions, and then everyone can make their own.

         Neil