[Gta04-owner] Software plans

David Lanzendoerfer david.lanzendoerfer at o2s.ch
Fri Oct 7 17:09:03 CEST 2011

Hi

> > Most likely no. We have 2 Gbit (512 MByte) on board and some part is
> > required for Xloader, U-Boot and the Kernel. This is not enough for
> > the full Debain Squeeze we have. I am sure that some parts can be
> > removed, bu we haven't done.
I have installed a full Debian SID on SD card.
I'm working on a QtMoko build, but first I need to get everything working
properly within Kernel space.

> > * David is already working on a Linux 3.1-Kernel.
Already boots.
There are still some things not working yet,
e.g. the battery regulator interface.
But I'm confident that I'll get it working soon.

> > * Mickey is eager to adapt FSO.
> > * Others will adapt/port SHR.
> > * The QtMoko rootfs appears to boot out of the box but needs
> >   some tweaking.
In order to get QtMoko working properly we will need FSO to be ported
onto GTA04 because I'd like to compile QtMoko against it.

> > * Non-Smart-Phone OS is becoming popular.
Zhone, the demo-app for FSO2 might fall into this category.

regards lev