[Gta04-owner] Status of Production of the GTA04A3-EA boards

WB wankelwankel at yahoo.com
Thu May 19 14:00:46 CEST 2011

--- On Wed, 18/5/11, Dr. H. Nikolaus Schaller <hns at goldelico.com> wrote:
> I think you are as eagerly waiting for a new status
> information,
> as we are...
Yes, thanks for the update :-)

> Unfortunately, the DM3730 CPUs did not yet arrive in time.
> Texas
> Instruments has rescheduled them for 25th May. This is
> just
... drum roll...
> 1 more week...
It's still the 800MHz version, isn't it? I updated the (OM) wiki for that bit.

> Therefore, I just learned that they did not yet order the
> stencil although
> I did send them the data already beginning of April.
How serious is that? At "reasonable" complexity it seems trivial, but with an 8-layer board and the size of the paths, any idea how long the stencil will take?

> On Friday we have a big meeting to go through everything
> and
> plan what is missing.
"we" being Golden Delicious, or you and the SMD-fab? By the way, I was looking for image results for "Open Apple" and found the Freerunner while searching for "golden delicious bug", another result was at http://postharvest.tfrec.wsu.edu/marketdiseases/Apples/codling_moth2.jpg which might not make the perfect logo ;-)

> Another topic you are surely interested in is when the next
> batch (...), but we won't
> announce (...)
Well, at least there's an announcement that nothing will be announced before the EA-announcement ;-)

Once again, thanks for the update. With every update the result seems closer!

Best regards,

Boudewijn