[Gta04-owner] PCB layout --- final roadblock removed!

Christoph Mair christoph.mair at gmail.com
Wed Mar 23 22:53:01 CET 2011

Hi Neil,

> Regarding the kernel, why 2.6.38 in particular?  SHR, Debian and
> QtMoko are all now on 2.6.34 (I believe) and that seems to be working
> very smoothly.  Are there things between 2.6.34 and 2.6.38 that you
> will need for the GTA04 hardware?

We try follow upstream as close as possible. Now this means: upgrade to .38.
Our goal is to merge all drivers upstream asap. This task is a lot easier if
we do not have to port changes across different kernel versions.
Besides that we will benefit from improvements made in other areas (for
example: powermanagement, display driver subsystem) which were
implemented/fixed for other OMAP3 based systems like the beagleboard.

We had a few problems with kernel 2.6.43 on the GTA04, IIRC. They are fixed
since .35 or .36.

Best Regards,
  Christoph