[Gta04-owner] CPU, Memory

W. B. Kranendonk wankelwankel at yahoo.com
Wed Mar 2 13:32:27 CET 2011

--- On Wed, 3/2/11, NeilBrown <neilb at suse.de> wrote:
> On Wed, 2 Mar 2011 11:55:21 +0100
> "Dr. H. Nikolaus Schaller"
> <hns at goldelico.com>
> wrote:
> > I think it is time for a short update...
> Thanks .. waiting is hard, but made a lot easier by such
> occasional updates!!
> > b) the PCB layout.
> > Here we have much slower progress than anticipated.
> Slow progress is much better than cutting corners - a more
> reliable device is
> certainly worth a longer wait.
> > I hope you stay with us and support our project,
> Count me as a stay-er...

I can't do more than agree with Neil on all points! Don't lose the spirit after having routed the last ~1900 connections ;-)

It's not all gloom: the PCB is not much use as long as the CPU's have not arrived, and as you said, having tested with good results the path from Eagle-design to pcb in your hands is also a hurdle taken.

Looking forward to more updates!

Boudewijn

PS: in case one of you finds time, maybe the GTA04-EA-product-page at handheld linux could receive an update with the last information on components?