[Gta04-owner] Gta04-owner Digest, Vol 7, Issue 5

Dr. H. Nikolaus Schaller hns at goldelico.com
Sun Jul 24 12:41:18 CEST 2011

Hi Eric,

Am 24.07.2011 um 05:23 schrieb Eric André:

> Hi, this si Eric,
>
> Why not repoen the pre-buy list to increase the budget? :-)

Well, I don't like to collect money (for final units) and then
spend it for different things (development).

In general, I think asking directly for donations to support
additional development efforts is more reputable.

There is some risk that we need even more money and time.
Then, all those who have ordered a final unit also have to wait
more and more. This happened to the OpenPandora project
several times, and I want to avoid this situation.

So we plan to open pre-buy at that moment that we have
delivered the first batch and got positive feedback, and have
initial confirmation from the suppliers about a specific delivery
date.

BTW: we already have received donations from 4 persons
on this list (two more are registered but not finished with
credit card or bank transfer).

Thanks for this! It not only helps to buy some more
UMTS modules and potentially scrap them, but also
gives us new stimulation to continue!
> Cheers and good luck

Thank you very much!

We now have a theory how bad soldering of a single pad
could lead to this failure. Tomorrow we can pick up one
of the remaining modules and solder some wires to it. Then,
we can either hook it up to a PC or to the other GTA04 board
which does not yet carry a module.

Then, we will see if the other module responds.

We then still don't know exactly why it failed, but have
excluded bad schematics. Maybe, we need another X-Ray
inspection.