[Gta04-owner] battery holder

Eikka Laakso eikka.laakso at gmail.com
Wed Dec 21 19:24:28 CET 2011

Hi everyone!

This is the first time that I'm replying on the list but I have been
following the list every since it started. A few days ago I put my order
in the group tour. Can't wait to get rid of that buggy gprs connection
in my Freerunner :).

On 19.12.2011 23:01, Christoph Mair wrote:
> The GTA04 will automatically charge the battery if you connect it to
> some USB Host. To meet the USB spec it charges only with 70mA, As soon
> as the battery voltage reaches a specified level (IIRC, 3.2V) the
> device will power on and try to boot. With neils current kernel it
> takes to long to get to the point where the kernel enables fast
> charging with 500mA and the GTA04 switches off again, but without all
> those debugging features it is no problem reaching that point.
>
> You can also prevent it from booting linux, and type "systest charge"
> into your u-boot console. This enables fast charging.
Can't we just add an item in the u-boot menu for fast charging?
Sometimes you might want to charge the phone without it booting for
variety of reasons so it could be useful in other situations.

  -Eikka