[Gta04-owner] Errors in makesd script

Jens Seidel jensseidel at users.sf.net
Mon Dec 5 15:21:49 CET 2011

2011/12/5 Dr. H. Nikolaus Schaller <hns at goldelico.com>:
> Am 05.12.2011 um 01:38 schrieb Jens Seidel:
>> I tried the makesd script from
>> download.goldelico.com/gta04/20111116-GTA04A3-HW-Tester/
>> and need the following changes:
>>
>> Let's change the language to English before searching for Disk in the
>> fdisk output, OK? Otherwise:
>> I get "#expr: Syntaxfehler"

> Maybe, we should export it right at the beginning of the script
> for all commands.

Yes, I also thought about it. But it doesn't harm to get the output in
the current locale (and there is partly a lot output). The output is
parsed only a single time where prepanding with
LC_ALL=C LANGUAGE=C makes sense and doesn't hurt.

>> Before creating the filesystem with mkfs.vfat (after partitioning with
>> sfdisk) I miss a call of
>> /sbin/partprobe $DRIVE
>>
>> Otherwise the old partition layout is still used:
>> "Successfully wrote the new partition table
>>
>> Re-reading the partition table ...
>> BLKRRPART: Device or resource busy
>> The command to re-read the partition table failed.
>> Run partprobe(8), kpartx(8) or reboot your system now,
>> before using mkfs"
>
> Hm. Which distro are you using? The one on
> which this script was developed (eeePC with Xandros)
> doesn't know (and need?) such a command.

Maybe you can use kpartx instead. I switched some weeks ago to Ubuntu
11.10 with a self compiled kernel 3.0.1. Had also never trouble with
partitioning in the past but maybe a device service (some udev
client?) is active and avoids rereading the partition table?

Jens