[Gta04-owner] Status PCBs / Kernel development

Mike Frysinger vapier at gmail.com
Fri Apr 1 00:07:20 CEST 2011

On Thu, Mar 31, 2011 at 16:00, Mike Frysinger wrote:
> keeping up-to-date to mainline isnt hard ... once you get a git tree
> going.  i already have to do this for the Blackfin tree, and for
> various ADI device drivers, so adding a few more drivers to that list
> probably wouldnt be a big deal :).  we just have to make sure that all
> the existing patches we have contain proper author signed-off-by tags
> before we can talk about mainline merging.
>
> i'm assuming golden delicious doesnt want to host its own git
> server/trees, so kernel.org probably would be the next best place.  i
> imagine though a dedicated e-mail list would be desirable for posting
> patches and reviewing things ?  rather than adding that to this list ?

ah, guess i should have clicked the links in the original e-mail.  i
thought they were dirs of patches, not "InDefero" (never heard of that
before) which includes git trees.

do people want to stick to that style of development where everything
is web based ?  that's really not the development methodology used
with Linux or U-Boot ... everything is done via e-mail and git.  seems
like it'd be better to stick to the methods that the respective
upstream projects are using so that people are comfortable with the
process and dont have to switch back and forth between two completely
different systems ?
-mike