[Fso] Vala reloaded...

Dr. Michael Lauer mickey at vanille.de
Sat Mar 4 09:38:32 CET 2017

Hi folks,

Not sure if anyone of you still is working on something with FSO, but
I want to notify you that – after a long period of inactivity – Vala seems
to gain traction again.

In the master branch leading towards 0.36, there have been a lot of changes,
in particular to async and dbus. I’d be grateful if anyone could lend me a hand
testing the FSO daemons – whether they still work w/ the master branch Vala.

In related news, it looks like vala-dbus-binding-tool is a candidate for inclusion
in the upstream Vala distribution. This is great news for us and I’ll invite all of you
to do more testing and polishing, so that we can deliver vala-dbus-binding-tool
in good shape.

Cheers,

:M: