[Fso] [fso/specs] missing branches?

Dr. Michael Lauer mickey at vanille.de
Sun Mar 15 13:45:39 CET 2015

Hi Paul,

> Am 12.03.2015 um 05:24 schrieb Paul Wise <pabs3 at bonedaddy.net>:
>
> On Thu, 2015-03-12 at 12:13 +0800, Paul Wise wrote:
>
>> repository seems to be missing entirely.
>
> On the subject of lost repos, I seem to have a copy of paroli still. I
> think that was a nice example FSO frontend, have you considered putting
> it into the FSO git hosting?

Sounds reasonable. Do you have an URL where I could download it from?

> Also, I'm wondering about the reason for shifting from self-hosting to a
> proprietary SaaSS (service as a software substitute).
>
> http://mako.cc/writing/hill-free_tools.html <http://mako.cc/writing/hill-free_tools.html>

I know all that, but I have to confess, since I’m most familiar with github (using
it for a bunch of (closed source) projects) and judging from the amount of activity
surrounding the FSO project and my limited time for it, if I was to revitalize the project,
then the only option for me was to make it in a way that is most convenient
(read: consumes the least amount of time) for me.

Apart from that, I believe that moving FSO to github to make it gain some
– really needed – visibility.

I’m comitted to keep FSO alive and bump it into shape (for the unlikely event
of truly hackable phones coming up again), but as I said, maintaining it has to
be convenient for me.

Best regards,

:M: