[Fso] independence of FSO daemons

Dr. Michael Lauer mickey at vanille.de
Tue Dec 9 12:36:47 CET 2014

Hi Lukas,

> If FSO sees some activity now, we might have a look at the issues
> described in the attached mail by Neil. I think it is very important,
> especially for fsogsmd, to be able to run independently.

Full ACK. In fact, it has always been my approach to allow a
cherrypicking of various FSO services while enabling more
services if you take the „full package“ at the same time.

> If the FSO daemons could run on kdbus, would only depend on libfsobasics
> and would be able to run without runtime dependencies on other FSO
> daemons, out of the box, this would be great.

Absolutely. I’m completely supporting that and can’t wait to make it
happen!

That said, I’m pretty surprised that it doesn’t work for Neil. If I recall
correctly (it has been quite some time), if fsousaged is not present,
then the clients should be enabled / turned on by default.

We need to sort this out!

Cheers,

:M: