[Tinkerphones] Notkia phone on Hackaday

H. Nikolaus Schaller hns at goldelico.com
Fri Jul 1 22:03:45 CEST 2022

Hi David,

> Am 27.06.2022 um 22:43 schrieb David Boddie <david at boddie.org.uk>:
>
> This came up in another forum:
>
> https://hackaday.io/project/185645-notkia
>
> It's based on the Ingenic X1000E, so an architecture (MIPS32r2) that some
> people here are familiar with.

Ingenic seems to be one of the last men standing for MIPS...

> I noticed that someone suggested that the creator try running Letux and
> mySTEP on it. :-)

Nice!

Well, there is no need to try anything. It works on CI20 with Debian
and e.g. a v5.19-rc kernel.

Baking [*] a bootable µSD is just:

	makesd -vk latest ci20 -r quantumstep

HDMI monitors now work with the latest kernels.

Unfortunately the potential of such an approach is rarely regognised
(like here).

BR and thanks for the links,
Nikolaus

[*] there was a bug in makesd which did mix a stable kernel and latest
kernel modules. Has been fixed. One needs to run 'makesd -u' if already
installed on the host PC.