[Tinkerphones] How many Librem 5 and Pinephones have been sold?

Rainer Dorsch ml at bokomoko.de
Fri Nov 6 22:08:54 CET 2020

Hi Nikolaus,

Am Mittwoch, 4. November 2020, 18:54:14 CET schrieb H. Nikolaus Schaller:
> Hi Rainer,
>
> > Am 03.11.2020 um 23:24 schrieb Rainer Dorsch <ml at bokomoko.de>:
> >
> > ...according to
> >
> > https://www.reddit.com/r/PINE64official/comments/eip86r/
> > how_many_brave_heart_units_sold_until_now/
> >
> > around 3K brave heart edition pine phones.
> >
> > The according to
> >
> > https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/PinePhone
> >
> > there have been 3-4 (did the postmarket OS edition ship already?) more
> > editions.
> >
> > Assuming similar average numbers as for brave heart (which is an
> > assumption
> > with uncertainty) I would expect in the order of 10k-20k devices in total.
>
> That is approximately the same as OpenMoko were sold.

Can you tell how that was distributed over time? I remember you also had
different hardware stages.

> Any info about Librem 5?

They had 2744 pre-orders in their initial crowdfunding campaign:

https://linuxnews.de/2017/10/librem-5-sammelt-ueber-2-millionen-ein/

If you assume in total 10x more in the subsequent runs you would end up at
around 30k devices.

Regards
Rainer

--