[Tinkerphones] "We don't control our lives" - smartphones - tinkerphones - debian on smartphones

Denver Gingerich denver at ossguy.com
Thu Jul 30 16:24:44 CEST 2020

On Thu, Jul 30, 2020 at 12:54:34PM +0000, Naqiao wrote:
> It may sound crazy at first, but technically is much easier than most people
> imagine, you can do it yourself in a few days:
>
> - Get some virtual SIP numbers, both mobile and land-line, according to your needs.
>
> - Redirect the SMS to your email and voice calls to your SIP account.

Or for added convenience, have the SMS go to your XMPP client to make replies easier (and for more features, like picture messaging).  I run a free software service that does this at https://jmp.chat/ - happy to answer any questions about it.  Voice calls go over SIP.

There are additional resources for going NoPhone here:

  https://libreplanet.org/wiki/Going_NoPhone

Denver
https://jmp.chat/