[Tinkerphones] Purism: How We Designed the Librem 5 Dev Kit with 100% Free Software

Paul Boddie paul at boddie.org.uk
Sun Jan 20 19:08:18 CET 2019

Hello,

I noticed, not that long ago, the following blog post about hardware
development which overlaps with some of the topics discussed on this list:

"How We Designed the Librem 5 Dev Kit with 100% Free Software"
https://puri.sm/posts/how-we-designed-the-librem-5-dev-kit-with-100-free-software/

It seems like a pretty interesting and fairly thorough account of getting the
Librem 5 development board made. My experience with board design is limited to
designing some simple boards in KiCad, but the article seems accessible enough
that I can follow the general story. And it certainly seems to communicate the
level of effort required in bringing such projects to fruition.

Paul