[Tinkerphones] Letux-OS on RasPi (Zero W) and i.MX8?

Josua Mayer josua.mayer97 at gmail.com
Tue Mar 20 19:49:41 CET 2018

Hi Nikolaus,

Am 20.03.2018 um 17:53 schrieb H. Nikolaus Schaller:
> Hi,
> what do you think about adding RasPi (Zero/W) and some i.MX8
> board (*) to the list of devices supported by Letux OS?
>
> The benefit would be a uniform Debian based distribution
> which runs on all of them. So a single user-space for all.
I am not sure what the usecase would be. Maybe running Debian with a
newer kernel to support those boards now, rather than in 5 years?

> Well, it does not come for free... Someone owning and experienced
> with such boards should help us to add the right kernel configs
> and make the boot loader available for makesd etc.
I have a feeling this is going to be difficult for i.mx8, judging from
the time it took for the i.mx6 to be properly supported upstream.
The Pi Zero however is a different story. armv6 *cough* means not single
userspace :(