[Tinkerphones] eelo - LineageOS-based alternative smartphone OS

David Boddie david at boddie.org.uk
Mon Jan 8 18:11:14 CET 2018

On Sun, 7 Jan 2018 19:40:17 +0100, Dr. Michael Lauer wrote:

> Unfortunately only software, where as I think free hardware would
> be more important these days. Still, I always had a sweet spot for
> Mandrake, so let?s see what comes out of it.

>From my brief coffee-fuelled glance at the main site, it seems that hardware
is something they want to do, but at a later stage. It looks like they are
starting with custom ROMs for existing phones and moving into hardware in
their second year.

I hope they consider working with existing libre and/or ethical hardware
vendors before starting something from scratch.

> P.S. Happy New Year!

Happy New Year!

David