[Tinkerphones] eelo - LineageOS-based alternative smartphone OS

David Boddie david at boddie.org.uk
Sun Jan 7 18:37:37 CET 2018

It looks like there's yet another project to tame our smart devices:

https://eelo.io

This one is led by Gaël Duval of Mandrake/Mandriva fame.

It's a bit of a shame that this seems to be another parallel effort that
doesn't share so much with the existing projects, but perhaps having many
parallel efforts could mean that one may succeed. At least one person has
mentioned Librem 5 in the comments to his opening blog about the project:

https://www.indidea.org/gael/blog/leaving-apple-google-eelo-odyssey-introduction/

Anyway, this is a bit tangential to what we normally talk about on this list
but I thought people might be interested. I tend to keep an eye on what is
happening in the Android space, just in case something interesting occurs.
;-)

David