[Tinkerphones] [Gta04-owner] Phosh/Librem5 system on a GTA04

H. Nikolaus Schaller hns at goldelico.com
Sun Dec 30 20:06:34 CET 2018

Hi,

> Am 30.12.2018 um 20:02 schrieb Andreas Kemnade <andreas at kemnade.info>:
>
> Hi,
>
> On Sun, 30 Dec 2018 19:20:33 +0100
> Mark Müller <markmueller86 at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> On 2018/12/30 0:07, Andreas Kemnade wrote:
>>> adduser purism
>>> is important.
>>
>> Thanks, that's right - I knew I forgot something... ;-)
>>
>>> I started a fresh debian buster using a patched
>>> cdebootstrap/libinstaller
>>>  (see https://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=904699)
>>>
>>> Now I am with a non-working touchscreen but screen output.
>>
>> Well, touchscreen is working, but there seems to be a bug in
>> wlroots/rootston concerning how key presses are handled. I had a lengthy
>> test yesterday and a phosh developer helped me a lot. So here's what we
>> found so far:
>>
>> * "libinput debug-events" shows the touch events for the touch screen
>> correctly
>>
>> * try starting /usr/lib/wlroots/touch - it's a stand alone touch demo
>> for wlroots and needs a tty (f.ex. start it over ssh via "openvt -c 8 --
>> /usr/lib/wlroots/touch" while rootston/phosh is not running)
>>
>> * you can start a GTK+3 app under X11 directly and you'll see touch
>> input working; same app won't work correctly, if you start it directly
>> with rootston
>>
>> * here's the issue i've found: the position of a touch event is read
>> correctly, but only the first touch seems to be correctly recognized as
>> a "pressed" event. Every following touch event seems to be categorized
>> as a "mouse over".

Well, this categorization is done on GUI level. The /dev/input events
only know about mouse press/move/release.

So it should not even be possible to generate mouse-over events, because
there are no position reports between release and press.

>> * you can try it with a real mouse on the GTA04 and start the "Calls"
>> app in Phosh. When your mouse is over a digit button, the button changes
>> it's appearance a bit (="mouse over") and when you click it (="pressed"
>> event), it changes as well. Remember how a button in "mouse
>> over"/"pressed" state looks like and then try to touch these buttons.
>> You'll see a really strange behaviour :D
>>
> I attached a keyboard+trackpad. I only come to a pin unlock dialog
> (even with the modem having its pin unlocked!). And there seems to
> be reception level displayed on the lockscreen.
> Anything more I forgot?
> needs the purism user be in special groups/have special properties?

And does it have a well known default for the password (e.g. for ssh over USB)?