[Tinkerphones] QtMoko2 again...

Andreas Kemnade andreas at kemnade.info
Sun Oct 8 22:17:32 CEST 2017

On Thu, 5 Oct 2017 17:53:17 +0200

> I have started to pick up the build process for QtMoko2 [1].
>
> I now run a Debian (Wheezy) inside VirtualBox (i386).
>
> The command is simply ./mdeb-qtmoko -vb
>
> After approx. 8 hours (with heavy use of ccache), compile fails
> with these two lines (amongst 104 MB log):
>
> dpkg-shlibdeps: error: couldn't find library libamr.so.1 needed by debian/qtmoko-neo/opt/qtmoko/plugins/codecs/libamrrecordplugin.so (ELF format: 'elf32-i386'; RPATH: '')
> dpkg-shlibdeps: error: couldn't find library libtimidity.so.1 needed by debian/qtmoko-neo/opt/qtmoko/plugins/codecs/libtimidityplugin.so (ELF format: 'elf32-i386'; RPATH: '')
>
> Well, it is easy to understand why the linker can't continue here...

Hmm, it is the final step before packaging... *not* the linker linking
together binaries, so building seems not to fail, just putting it
into a package.

That means, you could create a tarball of the result and play around
with it (and start to fix the interesting problems like sysfs paths,
etc).

> But it is not at all clear why that happens.
>
> Well, Debian has a timidity package, but no libtimidity.
>
> Next, there is a libtimidity source inside of QtMoko2...
>
> ./src/build-neo/image/lib/libtimidity.so.1
>
> But there seems to be something wrong, so that it is not found
> bythe linker when trying to build
>
> debian/qtmoko-neo/opt/qtmoko/plugins/codecs/libtimidityplugin.so
>
> Any advice how to find the bug in the build recipe or library
> search path?

I would guess, the build recipe seems to work only when qtmoko is
already installed as a first glance.

Regards,
Andreas