[Tinkerphones] [Gta04-owner] GTA04A5: good news and bad news

Roland Häder roland at mxchange.org
Thu Feb 23 10:09:48 CET 2017

H. Nikolaus Schaller – Wed., 22. February 2017 16:06
> Hi,
> let's start with the good news.
>
> 1. Yesterday GTA04A5 boards have been produced.
Very nice to read that GTA04A5s has actually been produced. But sad that only 1/3 made it alive.

> But now the bad news.
>
> -1.: Only 12 out of 36 (*) GTA04A5 boards we
> have produced, are booting to Linux. The others either have a
> short circuit under the OMAP (which is the general PoP soldering
> problem we already know since the first generations of the
> GTA04) or the OMAP shows no response or does not recognise the
> µSD card for unknown reasons.

That makes me feel the worst for GTA04A5 (and Neo900 at large), or am I mistaken? I cannot bring up ~300k € (and if I could, I would, of course).

Or am I mistaken? I think used GTA04A4 are still around.

And I have published the picture you have sent on my Nextcloud:
https://cloud.mxchange.org/index.php/s/149vSQYmDeENiuY?path=%2FGTA04A5

I think this was okay with you. :-)

Best greetings from a still hopeful user,
  Roland Häder