[Tinkerphones] Siemens S10 seen in the wild

H. Nikolaus Schaller hns at goldelico.com
Wed Feb 15 13:24:12 CET 2017

Hi all,
while walking to get lunch I passed an old SUV parked near the walkway
and could look through the wind shield. There I did see an old Siemens
S10 in a car/hands-free cradle...

It had such a characteristic shape so that I did recognise it immediately.
Unfortunately I forgot to make a picture and when I came back the car
wasn't there any more.

Well, the S10 was built 20 years ago and was the first phone with a colour
display (4 colours in ca. 100 x 160 pixels):

https://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Siemens_S10
http://www.chip.de/bildergalerie/Siemens-Business-und-Outdoor-Handys-Galerie_36461197.html?show=18

That is durability! They are still exchanged second hand on ebay...

Let's hope we can do the same with the 10 years younger Openmoko devices.