[Community] New cell phone design wanted?

Neal H. Walfield neal at walfield.org
Thu Jan 14 22:02:54 CET 2016

At Tue, 5 Jan 2016 21:42:46 +0100,
Andreas Kemnade wrote:
> On all my computers I am using some kind of hd encryption so if
> someone steals the device he/she will not have the data but on the gta04
> it is not that easy to just use cryptsetup. Somehow the password
> has to be entered.

You can (or rather, will be able to) work around this with a smart
card.  g13 is a LUKS replacement that uses the GnuPG infrastructure to
decrypt the session key.  Since GnuPG supports smart cards, using g13,
you can use a smart card to decrypt the session key.  You'll still
need to somehow enter the PIN, but a 6 digit number is much easier to
enter than a 30 character passphrase.

Neal