[Community] New cell phone design wanted?

James wireless at tampabay.rr.com
Sun Jan 3 03:57:27 CET 2016

Hello,

I've designed all sorts of hardware and firmware over the decades. I have
always wanted to design a cell phone that can support multiple different
open source software stacks. I'd like to hear what features and the resources
folks would like to see in a new cell phone where all the hardware is
disclosed so open source codes, from a variety of places, can be completed
and supported by the open source communities.

So what is your desired feature list? (processor, ram, flash, peripherals?)

I can build them in small batches and keep the prices down, but I'll not be
providing pcb layout details, but only the details to write/port code to the
devices. I am taking this approach to cover the cost of a few consultants I
need to add advanced feature like integrated Ham radio, and other Rf
features not found in standard phones......

hit me with your thoughts and ideas,

James