[Community] OsmocomBB

Ryan de Laplante (personal) ryan at ryandelaplante.com
Tue Mar 25 18:41:05 CET 2014

On 25/03/14 01:01 PM, Dr. H. Nikolaus Schaller wrote:

> Am 25.03.2014 um 16:20 schrieb "Ryan de Laplante (personal)" <ryan at ryandelaplante.com>:
>
>> When you say it will be monitored on the Neo900, will the monitoring be
>> done in software? If yes, will the monitoring also be implemented in
>> ReplicantOS? And how does the monitor work?
>
> It will be implemented by a hardware/software combination. This means
> as long as the CPU and OS are not compromised the modem can't hide from
> being monitored (and can't be designed for doing it).

Will the software part of this monitoring be available for Neo900 users
who choose ReplicantOS?

What I was trying to ask is what the monitoring accomplishes and how. Is
is watching every bit passing through the modem's I/O channels and
inspecting it for something in particular? I can't imagine what kind of
monitoring would be performed by software or hardware.  I don't think
that keeping the modem chip separate from CPU and memory is
"monitoring", and so you must be talking about something else.

Thanks,
Ryan