[Community] [Gta04-owner] Goldelico Replicant 4.2 with Wifi

Neil Jerram neil at ossau.homelinux.net
Tue Mar 18 23:55:42 CET 2014

"Lukas Maerdian" <luk at slyon.de> writes:

> Did you do anything special to get apps from frdoid installed, like setting up
> some partitions?
>
> If so, how did you do it? Because this wasn't woking in my test and I want to
> work on it, once I return from my vacations.
>
> BR, Lukas

No, it just worked.  This is with the single partition
gta04-rootfs.tar.gz, which I unpacked to my /dev/mmcblk0p1 using tar
jxvf (just as you'd expect).

My /dev/mmcblk0p1 is formatted as ext3 - could that be relevant?

Also I have an /dev/mmcblk0p5 that is formatted as vfat and that
contains music and pictures from other distros, and which the Replicant
media player automatically found.  I can also see, from looking at this
partition now, that Replicant has created some new Android-ish
directories here (e.g. Android, DCIM, Movies, Ringtones).

So perhaps having an accessible /dev/mmcblk0p5 is the key point?

Regards,
        Neil