[Community] FirePick Delta desktop electronics manufacturing

Dr. H. Nikolaus Schaller hns at goldelico.com
Wed Jul 30 22:34:24 CEST 2014

Am 30.07.2014 um 20:59 schrieb Robert 'Bobby' Zenz:

> They are aiming at a price of $ 300.- for one machine, see their store
> page.
>
> Might be wishful dreaming, but if they pull if of for $ 3000.- it's
> still a win.

For that money you can run 10 projects like the Neo900 at some external EMS
(only counting pick&place machine operation - nothing else which contributes
to production cost).

Sometimes it is cheaper not to buy equipment, but to rent it if needed...

I.e. let somebody else do the investment and spend a lot of money for
a machine that otherwise collects dust 360 out of 365 days per year :)

The same holds for PCB production (still people use laser printers
to try to make etch resist out of it and do etching themselves where we
can get double layer samples at ~60 EUR).

It is nice to learn how such production processes work, but it is not for
running a project like a GTA04 or Neo900. There you need professional
tools to get professional results.

Just my PoV.