[Community] GTA04 - Power management improvements

Hermann Schwärzler hermann.schwaerzler at chello.at
Wed Jan 29 11:26:59 CET 2014

Hello,

On 01/29/2014 09:34 AM, Dr. H. Nikolaus Schaller wrote:

> Am 29.01.2014 um 09:07 schrieb Hermann Schwärzler:
[...]
>> So I propose to call it when a device-shutdown is requested. E.g.
>> in QtopiaServerApplication::shutdown()? But this is for sure
>> device-dependent so there might be a better place...
>
> The optimal solution would be to have it in some "shutdown" script
> that is installed within Debian. I.e. something that is executed if
> "poweroff" is done on the command line or called from
> QtopiaServerApplication::shutdown()

In QtopiaServerApplication::shutdown

execlp("shutdown", "shutdown", "-h", "now", (void*)0);

is called. So if a script named "shutdown" is put into /opt/qtmoko/bin/
it should be possible to get the desired effect as /opt/qtmoko/bin/ is
at the very beginning of the PATH.

I will check (again over night).

[...]
>> Is there a way to turn off IrDA and/or RS232 explicitely (similar
>> to the modem)?
>
> Well, you could try to switch GPIO13 through /sys. But since I don't
> know how the pinmux for suspend is set up the kernel might override
> any value during suspend.
>
> And, immediately after changing GPIO13 the RS232 console will become
> inoperative.

I would like to try this. But I do not see any gpio13 in /sys/class/gpio
and I can't find any in /sys/...

Greetings
Hermann