[Community] GTA04A5 / Letux 2804

NeilBrown neilb at suse.de
Thu Jan 16 22:55:40 CET 2014

On Thu, 16 Jan 2014 10:59:02 +0100 Radek Polak <psonek2 at seznam.cz> wrote:

> On Thursday, January 16, 2014 10:34:05 AM Dr. H. Nikolaus Schaller wrote:
>
> > QtMoko is something Radek should comment about, if he wants to upgrade the
> > kernel.
>
> I will only upgrade to kernel that has better power management. The current
> situation is bad. IMO everyday charging will kill your battery soon. And you
> really cant now the device without charger for more then 24h. Sometimes GTA04
> goes to sleep and eats 40mA, so even in sleep it's dead after 24hours. IMO
> this has to be fixed so that GTA04 can be used as regular phone. My opinion is
> that it makes no sense to work on anything else until this is fixed.

+1

This is my big concern regarding the GTA04A45 and the Neo900.
How do we know they will ever have satisfactory power usage.
How do we know if the current issues are a consequence of the hardware design
rather than the software?  We don't!

Until low power usage for a new board can be  positively demonstrated, I
think it would be very irresponsible to make very many of them.

If there was any way that a devel-board could be made so that power feeds can
be cut and an in-line amp meter inserted for each each module individually,
the that seems to me (as a non-hardware guy) like it could be very useful.

I'm still very suspicious of the internal USB driver which is documented as
now allowing the OMAP3 to go to sleep properly....

NeilBrown