[Community] Kickstarter letux 7004 tablet and gta04

Dr. H. Nikolaus Schaller hns at goldelico.com
Mon Jan 6 20:18:52 CET 2014

Hello,
since it is not developed at the moment, it is very difficult to answer your questions.

Am 06.01.2014 um 17:38 schrieb Parchet Michaël:

> Hello,
>
> I'm interested for a letux 7004 tablet.

That is fine.

> What's news about it ?

no news.

> Why not finance it like the neo900 ?

because it needs a crowd that wants to crowd-fund it. The Neo900 has thousands of N900 owners who eagerly wait for an upgrade.

> What's the letux 7004 finance statue
> What's this tablet is yet a prototype ?
> The gta04 is unavailable ? If no why not make a LTE variant ?

LTE needs a different wireless module. The OPTION GTM801 is not easily available and is too big.
And, LTE needs a different antenna (for new frequency bands).

> Why not make i go RAM variant ?

We can only buy 512 MB RAM + NAND. There is no 1 GB RAM chip that fits for the OMAP3 processor.

> Why not make a website for this tablet like neo900.org (for example letux7004.org ?

see second answer (crowd).

> If I would like to buy it what's the price and condition ? Is it 5000 euro

For that price we can develop and build a single unit fixing all the problems found in the prototype.

But honestly, your money would be better spent differently. You can buy more than 10 Google Nexus 7
tablets for this price. Or buy 1 and pay somebody to modify the software, e.g. install Replicant.

BR,
Nikolaus Schaller