[Community] Goldelico Replicant 4.2 Update (suspend + accel)
luk at slyon.de
Fri Apr 4 19:00:34 CEST 2014
Since our last release of Replicant 4.2 for the GTA04 in March, which
brought basic WiFi support
we've been busy working to further improve this free Android
distribution to run on our OpenPhoenux devices. The biggest milestone of
todays testing-release are basic suspend handling and universal storage
Here comes the full changelog:
* Suspend/Resume handling: Fix a race condition, which prevented resume
most of the time.
--> Suspending while on WiFi is still broken, so make sure to disable
WiFi before suspend.
* Storage: The current partition is now used as "internal storage",
Apps can be installed, media can be downloaded
--> WARNING: Do not "Erase SD card" via Settings->Storage, this will
format your whole uSD, destroying the installed OSes.
* Battery handling: Correct detection even with old U-Boot, improved
poll interval and battery status on Power-LED
* Buttons: no infinite click when headset is inserted and AUX button
can be used to go backwards in UI
* Sensors: basic support for acceleration sensor (other sensors might
crash if used)
--> Good test cases are the "Free Fall" game and "Sensor Readout" app,
as found in F-Droid.
* UI speed improvements: by disabling some animations
* Cleanup under the hood: Reverting kernel patches, which are no longer
Source code and build instructions can be found here:
The latest single partition image for easy installation/extraction can
be downloaded here:
As always, contributions – be it in code, bug reports/analyses or
testing – are very welcome! Also I'd like to mention that my (part time)
work on this project is kindly funded by Goldelico and we'd highly
appreciate monetary donations for continued efforts:
Lukas 'slyon' Maerdian
PS: And we can run Angry Birds!
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Size: 490 bytes
Desc: OpenPGP digital signature
More information about the Community