[Community] Fair trade -> Supply chain information

wonderphone at posteo.de wonderphone at posteo.de
Tue Apr 1 22:34:44 CEST 2014

Hi all,

Yesterday, Susanne from Nager-IT, Sebastian B. and I had phone
conversation about what could be done to document the fair trade profile
of the OpenPhoenux hardware. Susanne announced that she contacted a
professor of the Technical University of Munich who agreed to hold a
seminar on fair purchasing during the summer semester on a suitable
OpenPhoenux device. The students will do research on the bill of
materials, document the supply chain and hopefully also provide some
good hints on alternative vendors.

We would therefore discourage the use of the below online spreadsheet
once the seminar has started in order to avoid interference with the
students' work.

This is good news because we believe the project hardware is already
quite fair and it will be good to document it. Additional research on
fair sources for parts can help us a lot.

What do you think?

Best regards,
Oliver