[Community] Welcome to new Project: Neo900

Lukas Märdian luk at slyon.de
Sun Nov 3 14:03:35 CET 2013

Am 03.11.2013 20:59, schrieb Matthew Roy:
> On 11/03/2013 04:34 AM, Lukas Märdian wrote:
>> Yes, we are currently running a "kickstarter". Not in the cloud,
>> but on our own, trusted servers. Have a look here:
>> http://www.neo900.org/#donate
>

> Hi,
>
> I saw that you're thinking of the donation as in part applying towards
> some discount on the eventual production unit. Two questions about the
> production unit:
>
> * Do you have a target or estimated price in mind?
> * Will the final product include all the parts (e.g. the N900 case, the
>   display, the keyboard) or would the end user need to source those
>   separately?
>
> Thanks for your time,

Hi,

quoting the FAQs (http://neo900.org/faq) I can find those two answers:

Is it just a motherboard or a complete device?
   Both! You will be able to order either the motherboard alone (with
   all extra parts needed to put it into N900 case), or complete device
   in refurbished N900 case. You can see what we plan to put inside in
   our specification proposal and feasibility study.

How much will it cost?
   According to current estimations, the cost of motherboard should be
   somewhere between 500 and 700 EUR. Complete device will cost 100-150
   EUR more, depending on prices and availability of N900 spare parts.
   Those prices are just early estimations and are subject to change.

Regards,
  Lukas