[Community] Welcome to new Project: Neo900

Dr. H. Nikolaus Schaller hns at goldelico.com
Sat Nov 2 19:33:45 CET 2013

Am 02.11.2013 um 19:12 schrieb Radek Polak:

> On Saturday, November 02, 2013 12:03:31 PM Dr. H. Nikolaus Schaller wrote:
>
>> What I don't know is if all peripherals are powered down as much as
>> possible. Suspects are the ITG3200 and the RS232/IrDA drivers.
>
> Is there really no way how to solve this problem?

Technically there are many approaches to do it. The key problem appears to
be lack of time of those who have equipment and know how to to it.

It is in my to-do list for months.

> E.g. unsolder the components
> and measure if it helps?

I think there are easier tricks, but they are really crude tricks difficult to explain.
E.g. using an amperemeter that has a big enough range to show either 600 mA
or 3 mA between battery and battery connector. But alone hooking this up needs
some thoughts as there are no easy contact points for a multimeter...

And then play with U-Boot and or i2c-tools on a kernel variant that does not
have the drivers.