[Community] Growing the Community

Bob Ham rah at settrans.net
Wed Jun 19 11:23:12 CEST 2013

On 2013-06-18 16:10, Dr. H. Nikolaus Schaller wrote:

> Generally Fairphone goes into the same "niche" as "Fair Trade" e.g.
> Coffee.

> Maybe it is just a sophistic interpretation of words ("masses") where
> we appear to disagree...

That would appear so: I wouldn't have considered Fair Trade coffee to
be a "niche" product.  However, I've never studied marketing so I only
have a lay understanding of these terms.

> As a side-note: Do you know that there are complete cordless phones
> (incl. charger, cables, manual, package) sold at 9,99 USD and GSM
> phones for 12.95 USD?

Yes, in fact it's cheap no-frills GSM phones that I'm thinking of as
ones which are used for 10 years by people who have no interest in
anything but making phone calls occasionally :-)

--
Bob Ham <rah at settrans.net>

for (;;) { ++pancakes; }