[Community] Growing the Community

kardan kardan at diy-biogas.eu
Fri Jun 14 14:02:40 CEST 2013

Hi,

i am following this discussion very interested and wanted to add my
thoughts a bit early, also on the privacy thread - when I find the time.
However this topic is very hot for me.

Am Fri, 14 Jun 2013 09:19:37 +0200
schrieb Radek Polak <psonek2 at seznam.cz>:

> My N900 which is very similar HW can live 5days and it even
> does not go to suspend. GTA04 if you are lucky can do 2 days.
> Unfortunately i cant really help much here, because i never worked
> with HW except sending some
There is a GTA02 lying on my table without use atm as the battery
lifetime is below one day. I thought solving this by ordering some
extra accu packs and change them if needed, but this does not work out,
for several reasons (mostly my inconvenience): 1) the battery can only
load inside the OM 2) i have to turn in off and on again 3) loading
takes several hours 4) I assume the accus to be old Li-ion 5) my laptop
has only 2 usb ports which are used by mouse and external HD - I did
not manage to get a hub yet 6) I have found very few on the topic how
to minimize accu usage and I am not familiar with turning services
off/on easily yet - is there a (qt)gui? Any hints are welcome.

There is also on my list to checkout latest qtmoko git for testing as
my version has some bugs (like clicking the 'show/hide keypad' while
calls is not possible sometimes).

See me as a lazy user, willing tester and potential developer. I am
pitty that time is so short though ..

Thanks,
kardan