[Community] Growing the Community

Radek Polak psonek2 at seznam.cz
Fri Jun 14 14:05:37 CEST 2013

On Friday, June 14, 2013 01:38:11 PM Bob Ham wrote:

> On 2013-06-14 07:19, Radek Polak wrote:
> > 2/ being free/open is also not enough
>
> Why do you think that?

First the product must serve it's purpose. Free/open is additional value which
will attract more people. If you want successful product you also need nice
design, good marketing and some concurrency advantages (features that others
dont have).

If free/open was enough, why do we have just 100 units sold?

> > IMO to be succesfull we need to offer really working phone +
> > something
> > that others dont have.
>
> I think just a really working phone will suffice, if it's free.
>
> I would note that no really working free/open phone has ever been on
> the market.

What about Freerunner?

Regards

Radek