[Community] Growing the Community

Lukas Märdian luk at slyon.de
Fri Jun 14 10:24:11 CEST 2013

Am 13.06.2013 22:39, schrieb Dr. H. Nikolaus Schaller:

> Am 13.06.2013 um 20:58 schrieb Lukas Märdian:
>
>> In order to attract people outside the community we have to somehow make
>> them think our project is worth their time.
>>
>> In the simplest case, this can be done by a clean and informative
>> project homepage. Therefore I created a new wiki page with a proposal
>> for a new start page of openphoenux.org:
>>  http://projects.goldelico.com/p/openphoenux/page/StartPageProposal
>
> That is cool.
>>
>> I used a little CSS to hide the wiki's "context" bar on the left side,
>> but still keeping wiki functionality available (top bar). Furthermore I
>> tried to give the content a little more structure and align everything a
>> little bit.
>>
>> What do you think about it? Do you think it's worth to move it to the
>> start page?
>
> I didn't know that it is possible just by CSS. And the page size even
> changes.

Well, basically I just placed a <div> element with absolute position
coordinates above everything and then put the content in there, so we
can use the full space.

The only little problem is: the page edit field is hidden as well, in
the page preview mode, before an update. So one has to go back (in the
browser) to further edit the page, instead of doing it on the same site.

Lukas